St Francis of Assisi Convent

Saint Francis de Assisi Church in Siquijor was established by secular priests under Patron San Francisco de Asis on February 1, 1783. It was administered by secular priests on February 1, 1783 and the construction of this stone church was initiated by P. Setten, a secular, and it was managed by P. Alonso de los Delores during the period of 1795-1831.The convent was built to be a hiding place from pirates.One of the oldest convent located at the Island of Siquijor.